HEALTH & WELLNESS

HEALTH & WELLNESS
The secret to a healthy life is a healthy lifestyle!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

PHOTOPHOBIA, How to cure it?


The primary symptom of photophobia is the desire to squint or close the eyes when exposed to light. Any light source including sunlight or artificial light will cause the sensitive reaction. Sometimes this light sensitivity is accompanied by headaches.

Because photophobia is a symptom of another disorder, the underlying cause should be diagnosed and treated by a physician. If medication is causing light sensitivity side effects, discontinuing the drug will normally solve the problem. Patients should wear sunglasses with ultraviolet protection and a hat with a brim to decrease the symptoms. Light sources should be shielded to prevent direct light into the eyes, and sources of glare in the environment should be eliminated. Light sensitivity is sometimes a natural defense when the eye has been traumatized whether from an injury, refractive surgery, or other eye conditions. If the light sensitivity is caused by one of these situations, the eye simply needs time to heal.

Left untreated, photophobia can cause very intense pain. If you experience any symptoms, see an eye physician.

Related Posts by Categories



Related Posts by Categories



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello there sir, Please help me. Just recently, my right eye suddenly becomes red hot(not itchy tho), sensitive to lights (it hurts so much) I don't know what happen or what I did to make this possible. I am a computer geek. It is my first time having this kind of problem. I have a 20/20 vision. I don't smoke, I occasionally drink. I am 26, 5'4". male. I have HCI solution, but I stopped using it because i think it worsen... I need help sir/mam. thanks in advance.